Field Of Berries
Watch your guests' eyes grow wide when you present these Lemonberry Cups. They are super-easy to make and feature fresh fruit atop Mascarpone Italian cream cheese which originated in Italy's Lombardy region in the 16th century.
Served chilled, these delicious bite-sized treats make hot Texas days oh, so sweet!
~ ~ ~ NO BAKE LEMONBERRY CUPS ~ ~ ~
8 ounce container | mascarpone, sweet Italian cream cheese
4 tablespoons | lemon curd
4 tablespoons | powdered sugar
15-25 miniature | mini fillo (phyllo) shells
to garnish | fresh berries
to dust | powdered sugar
What To Do:
1. In a medium-sized bowl blend well the Italian cream cheese, lemon curd and the powdered sugar.
2. On a serving plate arrange the empty fillo shells/cups. Fill the cups with the cream cheese mixture and top each with fresh berries of your choosing.
3. Place the Lemonberry Cups in the refrigerator for a 30-minute chill before serving.
4. Before the tasty unveiling, give the Lemonberry Cups a light dusting of powered sugar. This step is optional but creates a pretty topping for the fruit.
1. You can find the mini fillo shells in the freezer section of grocery stores like HEB and Kroger. No baking necessary! Jars of lemon curd will most likely be waiting for you on a shelf by the jams and jellies.
2. Berries that work well for this recipe include raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries.
3. For a quick way to get the mascarpone into the shells you can use or make your own icing tube. To make your own tube simply fill one end of a clean plastic or "Ziploc" bag with the mascarpone mix. Flatten and remove the air space above the icing and cut a small piece of the bag's corner away. Holding the bag in your palm you can squeeze out the desired amount of mascarpone!
4. Hint: Red and blue-colored berries make a patriotic splash for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day holidays. Use red and green fruits, like kiwi, for a tricolore taste symbolic of the Italian flag.
5. On my next "go" of this recipe I'll be adding a small shot of homemade limoncello to the mascarpone mixture for that extra "oompf!"
Make your tummy smile. More of our favorite recipes here.
for the love of :