The items below have great significance and when combined, make a thoughtful and memorable gift from you to them!
~ ~ ~ ITALIAN HOUSEWARMING BASKET ~ ~ ~
Bread | So you will never go hungry
Wine | So you will never go thirsty
Salt | Sprinkled around doors and windows, for good luck
Olive Oil | Which represents good health
A Candle | Symbolizing light
Wood | To bring peace, harmony and stability to your new home
1. For the bread: We like giving an artisan loaf of Rosemary Bread from Central Market.
2. For the salt: We gift gray sea salt; it's flavorful and prized by cooks around the globe.
3. For the olive oil: Try a first press olive oil in a glass dispenser to show-off it's distinctive gold and green color.
4. For the candle: We put an aromatic candle inside a decorative votive holder.
5. For the wood: A high-end wooden cooking utensil will do the trick and will remind them of you each time they're cooking in the kitchen.
1. Arrange the goodies in a small basket lined with a fabric napkin.
made card with a printout of the ingre-
dients list above; when the recipient reads the history and learns the significance of the items, a smile (sometimes a tear) comes to their face.
More of our favorite recipes here.
for the love of :